Archive any free full-text article

June 25, 2008

Tips for Surviving Long Distance Relationship Depression

Depression comes in many forms and arrives at your doorstep with bags packed and looking to stay a while. Surviving long distance relationship depression can be even tougher on you, because of the obvious distance and lack of closeness you feel with your partner. I'm going to cover some tips I found helpful when I was suffering from long distance relationship depression at times in my life. <b>Fail To Plan, Plan To Fail</b> I found that planning time for my long distance relationship depression was as important. I was trying to cope with being upset, and I didn't want to ruin the conversation with my partner. So I planned my grieving time earlier in my day so I could get it out of my system before our nightly talk. So planning time to deal with your long distance relationship depression is key to avoiding it altogether. Remember, you can spread long distance relationship depression pretty easy by having a few 'downer' conversations with your partner - pretty soon they'll be coming down with it too! <b>Share A Passion With Your Partner</b> I found a good cure for my long distance relationship depression, was to share my passions with my partner. I loved nothing more than talking on the phone or over MSN with web cams. When I had warm, heartfelt conversations with my partner, we felt united, the distance became closer. I almost forgot about my long distance relationship depression until I hung up the phone or turned off the laptop. I found I had to draw on those warm and caring feelings in the times we couldn't communicate - and this helped me cope with my long distance relationship depression. <b>Trust, The Building Block Of Every Long Distance Relationship</b> I was in denial about trust being a factor in my long distance relationship depression. I really didn't believe that I didn't trust my partner while being away. I found that I had grown a low self-esteem while my partner was away, and that was a small contributing factor to my long distance relationship depression. I found through sharing passion with my partner, I could see, hear and feel their love and affection for me. This helped me immensely with my long distance relationship depression. <b>Express Your Dreams And Desires</b> While I was suffering from long distance relationship depression, I found that I needed to open up more, express my love and affection for my partner as much as possible. There are so many ways to express affection: emails, phone calls, text messages, e-cards - but what about your dreams and desires. I found that when I put something unique into my feelings and showed them to my partner - my long distance relationship depression was minimized and I felt empowered. <b>Assumptions - They Make A Something Out Of You And Me</b> Assumptions are deadly when dealing with long distance relationship depression. I found when I assumed things, I would get my mind into a tizzy about it, and then forget what the actual issue was, or what my partner had 'really' said to me. Assuming is the game your mind plays when you sit there alone playing parts of a conversation over and over in your head. It's a one way ticket to long distance relationship depression. Never assume, get the facts! <b>Conclusion</b> Put yourself first and remember your own needs. You may be so busy trying to meet your partner's needs that you're neglecting yourself. Neglecting yourself leads to you getting burnt out emotionally, and that leads to long distance relationship depression. Take care of yourself. <h1> </h1> Rob Dunsmuir lives in Canada and has two young daughters. He has much experience in long distance relationships and dating. He dated his wife twice in a long distance relationship - once for 6 months, and a 2nd time for 2 years. Rob married his long distance sweetheart in 2007. Read Rob recommends reading Long Distance Relationship Guide for more tips and insight.

0 comments:


This are completely free

Followers